<< Won't Power   |   WEBLOG   |   Alive Alive-O >>

I See A Long Tunnel LeadingTo A Bright White Light

That'd be the hospital corridor heading into the Day Surgery Clinic this afternoon.

Arthur O'Scopy, the Scottish knee man, will be performing amazing feats of endoscopic healing today at 1pm. The nurses all will dance and sing as E@L flies through the ring... I hope the pre-med is a nice one. Some morphine would be lovely, thanks. So much more relaxing than valium or omnopon. What am I thinking? This is a country that bans the importation of POPPY SEEDS!

Wish me well. No doubt I'll be in more pain afterwards than I am now, because it doesn't hurt at all at he moment and I wonder why I am allowing myself to go through this. What am I, some sort of tough guy? NBL.

If I don't come out the anaesthetic, someone please water the plants. All my books are to be buried with me - it will take me eternity to finish them anyway.

Reading in my pre-op waiting line: Don Delillo's Underworld (287 pages so far and nothing definitely discernable as a plot has HAPPENED yet) and finishing off Andrew Brown's The Darwin Wars from last year.

Posted by: expat@large on Dec 14, 06 | 8:06 am | Profile

Can you please videotape the op? From the inside of your knee or something. I want to see.

Posted by: Hairydonut2 on Dec 14, 06 | 10:35 am

I hope that it goes well. Shall i come by and visit you with a six pack n pizza? hehe

T

Posted by: T on Dec 14, 06 | 11:49 am

"Someone get that dirty old man out of this operating theater."

movie?

be well, good recovery, i'll raise a glass in your honor later.

re delillo...827 pages...give it time...you'll like the end.

peace.

Posted by: savannah on Dec 14, 06 | 7:14 pm

H-D - just got some pictures from inside. Lo-tech, no DVD.

T - mmm beer...

Sav - Delllo at least it writes in English not riddles and aracane cryptospasm like Pynchon in Gravity's Rainbow.

Movie : no idea - still groggy from the anaesthetic is my excuse. Dead Ringers?

Back at you: Mrrrgnaoa, cat jumps onto patient's body in surgery: "Get that cat out of here!" Name of the Doctor, not just the movie?

Posted by: expat@large on Dec 14, 06 | 7:35 pm

movie: MASH
doctor: hawkeye pierce

your movie: i'm still thinking ...

Posted by: savannah on Dec 14, 06 | 9:08 pm

I don't get it. You had an entire video, with music and credits, for your butt bruise. Surely this warrants more than coupla pixellated photos with an Canon Ixus shoved into an open wound?

Posted by: MercerMachine on Dec 14, 06 | 11:57 pm

MM - I am sure that THEY had the access to the high-tech equipment, but I was asleep at the time. If I knew someone who was say, TV producer, they could have directed the movie.

Sav - "Is ookums having a heart attack?"

OK we are not talking Citizen Kane here!

Posted by: expat@large on Dec 15, 06 | 8:59 am