What To Do In London Over A Weekend

I'll probably stay over a few days in London to rest up(!) after the Libya trip, as I have a flight change at Heathrow. I don't know London all THAT well, only been there twice.

Hovever, I've already seen the churches, art galleries and museums, so please send in some innovative suggestions:

Done List

1. British Museum
  2. Tower of London
  3. The Tate
  4. St Pauls
  5. Westminster
  6. Some 2nd Hand market or other starting with a C, up North.
  7. Richmond Park
  8. Hammersmith Hospital(? It was a work trip last time.)
  9. 84CharingCross Rd (not so many 2nd hand bookshops left really)

Any famous cemeteries I should visit copulate in? Things like that. Give me ideas. I want a nice innovative To-Do List.

Posted by: expat@large on Jun 16, 06 | 4:12 pm | Profile

Harrods? I love the food basement there. Be careful of pickpockets.

I know this is a bold presumptuous request, but could you please buy me a Lion bar? In London, I mean. Or a Twix. Incidentally you are in the Twix capital of the world. Twix tastes nicer in the United Kingdom than it does anywhere else on this planet.

Posted by: Smootie on Jun 16, 06 | 5:46 pm

Haven't we had this conversation?

Harrods food basement sounds very ME!

I wonder if they sell vegemite?

Posted by: expat@large on Jun 16, 06 | 6:04 pm

There's a cemetery in north London with the grave site of Karl Marx. Overgrown with weeds, and groundkeeper snarls at you "wadda ya wanna see this fer?.

Posted by: Frisko on Jun 17, 06 | 6:02 am

Yeah Camden Market is not bad. Try also Portobello or Brick Lane if you have time?

- Tate Modern, not the Tate - much more dramatic, and cool. Impress your friends with your beatnik modern art appreciation!
- National Portrait Gallery. Less well known than the other big galleries, but very very good.
- Theatre in the Park for an evening performance of a Shakespeare comedy - check their website for their summer productions. Magical with a glass or 2 of mulled wine.
- London Eye. Naff but surprisingly good
- Houses of Parliament if you do Westminster. The hoe of democracy!
- Primrose Hill - great views. Don't go to the public loos unless you are into cottaging.
- London Zoo.

So much to do in London! Man I miss it at times...

Posted by: Mr Bore on Jun 17, 06 | 10:35 am

47 Cromer Rd, Tooting

Posted by: rambeaux2 on Jun 17, 06 | 11:58 pm

Do I like Tooting? I've never tooted.

Posted by: expat@large on Jun 18, 06 | 1:08 am

the borough market is a must without the Harrod's prices. (An english vic market ).

Posted by: the Ex on Jun 27, 06 | 10:06 pm