Something Else E@L Didn't Know

According to this guy who works for Microsoft I gather, in Word and most good text-editors (those more advanced that Notepad) if you highlight a section of text and press the CTRL key, you can Drag and Drop a COPY of the selected text, leaving the original in place. Why did no-one tell me that?

It works in Textpad too, the text editor I most commonly use. I love Textpad because it displays lists of HTML character code,, HTML tags, DOS characters, CRTL characters, ANSI characters, AND the clipboard history in a panel at the side so you can just double click to add whatever, wherever... It is not WYSWYG, but it has a spell-checker that obviously I don't use it enough, and it loads quickly without bogging down resources.

I only use Word if I am formatting a page for printing.

Found via Shakey, whence all things geek, of that ilk.



Posted by: expat@large on Feb 04, 06 | 2:37 pm | Profile


Thanks for setting up Quad-right again, it's easier on the eyes and what <s>Gawd</s> Gutenberg intended.

Posted by: Tom on Feb 04, 06 | 11:29 pm

Life without strikeout is hard, life without preview is senseless.

Posted by: Tom on Feb 04, 06 | 11:30 pm

Try <del>del</del> instead.

No. That doesn't work either

However, Preview DOES!

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 05, 06 | 1:50 am

it works in windows explorer as well. Just highlight and ctrl drag and your file is copied. alternative for the ctrl-c ctrl-v shortcut for copying files.

Posted by: WJ the II on Feb 07, 06 | 12:01 am

Also works for text in Outlook! Obviously it is a system-wide thing for programs that support Drag-and-Drop functionality.

The world is an amazing place...

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 07, 06 | 9:54 am

Ima mean quad left of course. Jeebus.

Posted by: Tom on Feb 09, 06 | 7:19 am

English please.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 09, 06 | 12:52 pm

Quadleft = type aligned on the left.

A quad is a chunk of lead that was used to hold in type......


Posted by: Tom on Feb 10, 06 | 5:24 am

Something ELSE E@L didn't know.

Your are a font of knowledge, haha.

I always called it Block Left and Block Right... but wtfwik?

And are you talking about in the comments section, or in the main blog. Are you using IE? Issues with CSS files...

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 10, 06 | 11:20 am


Notify me when someone replies to this post?
Submit the word you see below:

Powered by pMachine