Lessons I Have Learned

#342: Wasabi and open wounds don't mix.

Where learned: NH112 Singapore to Narita. 8:35am scheduled departure. 11pm E@L tries to open wasabi packet for soba noodles (Business Class), fucks it up, get wasabi from here to Tokyo. 11:02 E@L is dipping small cut on finger (did it yesterday, put blood all over the equipment in the process of - get this - trying to *clean* them with an antiseptic wipe; NO IDEA how skin was breached) into glass of sake to kill the pain. 14:00 finger still red swollen and throbbing. In retrospect needed something hydrophilic like yoghurt or hey, what's this? Hagen-Das ice-cream.

#67 - Make sure the superglue is dry before you put your "fixed" Bose ear-buds into your ear.

Where learned: In imagination after glueing small fitted silicon nubbins on to Bose ear-bud bases. Stupid design to begin with, Christ almighty. Superglue takes severals seconds to fix during which time E@L stuck his finger to the desk (not related to cut mentioned above) for several seconds, and waxed philosophical about "lucky I didn't stick 'em in my ear."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More to come... but running out of time to type them in. Heading out for dinner in Tokyo now.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 26, 08 | 7:21 pm | Profile

How are the feet doing? You could try a dab of wasabi on your stigmata.

Posted by: Dick on Feb 26, 08 | 11:47 pm

Dick: Was careful to avoid that by keeping my socks on during the flight. Eating with E@L can be an adventure in survival.

Feet are getting there. Explanation deserves its own post. GOBS be damned, the draft is already at 3000 words.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 27, 08 | 11:35 am

Never apply Icy-Hot to any body part right before sex. (Doesn't matter if it's your ankle).

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 27, 08 | 2:30 pm

BB: one day I'll tell about a BJ "a friend of mine" got in Macau. It was called the Fire and Ice Special.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 27, 08 | 3:02 pm

Greetings from Tamap FL. This story reminds me of the first time I got invited out to a luncheon with JMSDF. Nobody told me Wasabi was so potent. Scooped a bunch of it into the sushi bowl and thought I was going to dy when I ate a sushi piece of tuna.

Never take the bento lunch!

I know a good sushi shop in Kundanshita if you want some more "therapy".

Posted by: Skippy-san on Feb 27, 08 | 3:03 pm

Damn E@L, you've got my interest.
You gonna make me wait?

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 27, 08 | 3:07 pm

Skip: work! They took us to a Western place!

BatBitch: I'm enjoying this... Got *you* on the back foot for once!

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 27, 08 | 9:27 pm

BB: btw that'a a cricketing expression. Cricket: Bat. Red ball, shiny on one side. Three stumps and you're out.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 27, 08 | 9:29 pm

E@L, okay you've distracted me here, (but only momentarily) why is the ball only shiny on one side?

Now give... tell me what I want to know.

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 27, 08 | 9:34 pm

E@L if you have been either cooking or eating chilli it is a good idea to wash hands and mouth thoroughly prior to any sexual activities also.

I accidentally gave a lover much more heat than I intended once while inspecting her other smile close up.

Posted by: sino man on Feb 27, 08 | 9:37 pm

BatBitch: it's shiny because the bowler rubs it on his... the bit where the leg joins to the abdomen, near the middle...

What you want to hear is... O sorry, listen, I'm busy at the moment - got to do some serious work emails... really!

Sino: hey dude, how's Melbourne treating you? Where abouts are you living actually, near town or out in the sticks? Inner city is nice, love Fiztroy these days. Melbourne is so spread out, yeah? but at least the roads run pretty straight. When I was in Sydney, driving, my God, the place is constructed entirely of back streets! There was this time I had to get across the harbour bridge...

BatBitch: oh, look, I'm sorry but I'm too tired to explain now... I will get back to you tomorrow, I promise. Sometime in the afternoon, there's this pretty American girl at the training, I'll be busy in the morning working up towards a slap across the face...

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 27, 08 | 9:58 pm

E@L!!!
I will find a way to pay you back for this!!!

(There's a pretty American girl here that already wants to slap you across the ... face)

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 27, 08 | 10:09 pm

*smirking* you really do know how to hang'em out there, doncha, sugar?

Posted by: savannah on Feb 28, 08 | 7:57 am

[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fire+and+ice]Fire and
Ice[/url] : variation - mint mouthwash and ice cubes held in the mouth.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 28, 08 | 8:22 am

Hey, I can't get the link to format properly!?!?!? Need geek help!

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 28, 08 | 8:22 am

Fire and Ice

Ah, so that's what you mean.

You volunteering for me to practice on?

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 28, 08 | 8:26 am

I can't remember refusing a request for a bj for quite some time...

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 28, 08 | 9:49 am

Just out of curiosity, how are your oral skills?

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 28, 08 | 10:25 am

Quo Vadis, E@L? The question must be asked at this point.

Where IS this family-oriented blog going?

To hell in a handsbasket obviously...

BB: I did have some testimonials but I don't have them on me. "You know your way around down there" somebody once said, but hey, I used to play in those areas (under supervision) for a living you know. Also I am a firm believer in the power of the V-Diet as well.

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 28, 08 | 11:34 am

Uh ... this is a family oriented blog? Oops.

You did? I didn't know! That raises all sorts of questions.

Course, you give really good answers.

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 28, 08 | 12:06 pm

Hey Expat my man,

Melbourne is treating me well, as always. But it is my home patch so I have that advantage here. Yes I do like Melbourne although I am sure I will leave for a period of time, perhaps a decade.

Anyway I am inner city, just a short tram past Melbourne Uni up near the zoo finds me at home.
Melbourne like much of Australia is becoming more and more linked to Asia anyone, it is the geographic reality and not so bad (although the Hongkie girl who shares my apartment annoys the shot out of me!)

Posted by: sino man on Feb 28, 08 | 7:38 pm

Actually, Sinoman, thanks for that, but in all honesty I couldn't give a flying fuck about you and boring old Melbourne -- that was just part of the joke to tease BastBitch so that I can extract a bj from her!!

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 29, 08 | 8:26 am

Oh well, now that I know that's what you're doing, I am so not going to fall for it. ;-)

Unless ...

Posted by: Batbitch on Feb 29, 08 | 1:07 pm

Do'h, did I say that out loud????

Posted by: expat@large on Feb 29, 08 | 3:49 pm