Ten New Things, 2007
The annual Ten New Things I did this year.
- Wrote more than 10% of my NaNoWriMo quota
- Went on a junk trip in Singapore (never again - urgh, the water quality!)
- Visted Paris (seul, quelle tristesse!)
- Visited Chicago (RSNA - a long-term wish)
- Turned 50
- Got kicked out of Mes Amis in Wanchai, HK, for partying too hard!
- Visited Montreal (then did it again)
- Enjoyed a Bellini Martini (oh, why did no-one tell me before how nice these are!)
- Skied in Austria (for half a day, before my unready, post-surgery knee gave out)
- Owned an iPod (shudder, I know... but the battery life is so much longer than my Creative Stone or iRiver Clix. At least I didn't pay for it.)
You'll note that some of these milestones are either not my fault or not high amongst the most exemplary or admirable achievements of the human species.
C'est ma vie.
OTHER MONKEYS SAID
You were in Chicago? Should've given me a holler, E@L. Did you like this wonderfully wintry city at all? It was 9 degree Fahrenheit today and face-biting.
Screwy: I was in Chicago for RSNA, the HUGE Radiological Conference and exhibition at McCormack Place. No free personal time. Well one night, but I stayed in the hotel it was so cold outside. At least I thought it was cold until I got to Montreal!!!
See entries for December 1, 1 and 3.
Plus one extra night in Chicago because there was "weather" at O'Hare. When isn't there?
Next time, if I get more free time... I'll shout you a Bellini.