<< % Burns   |   WEBLOG   |   Jetris >>

Multi-Tasking

Been sitting on my arse-kicking arse-supporting leather recliner as I read The Egg and Sperm Race and laugh out loud at the oh-so-familiar antics of jealous and arrogant 'publish or perish' 17th Century anatomists struggling to understand the sperm and egg thing in humans (and disprove spontaneous generation of insects and flies) as I munch on some Cedele wholeweat walnut and raisin sourdough bread with quite inappropriate Jarslberg cheese and proscuitto on top and sip on a [yellowtail] semillion sauvignon blanc blend while I upload 44MB file to an ftp server for work at the horrendously slow rate of 17kB/s (what IS IT with Starhub Maxonline these days?) as I play and sing along with (unfortunately for those sitting nearby) Joni Mitchell's truly amazing '73 classic Court And Spark over and over too loudly and wonder at the brilliance of Larry Carlton's seminal laid-back LA-sound guitar arrangements while on the other table Izzy [and that was my line about assimilating the entire canon of Western Literature before I feel ready to start writing my novel, he says jealously, arrogantly] with her earphones in tries to work...

Posted by: expat@large on Oct 03, 07 | 1:02 am | Profile

I was a free man in Paris...oh man...Tom Scott on sax....David Crosby back up vocals...something to do with David Geffen or so legend has it.

Posted by: Dick on Oct 03, 07 | 2:35 am

So let me get this straight, you are reading a book with "Sperm" in the title, while sipping some wine, indulging in some bread and smelly cheese while pontificating to a young nymph who in turn is stealing your words...

...some people have such a rough life.

Posted by: Indiana on Oct 03, 07 | 8:53 am

Dick: Didn't think to refer to that song while I was in Paris, du'h. Tom Scott and The LA Express - TomCat, Rock Island Rocket (Robben Ford, one of Larry Carlton's buddies, on guitar!) - that's in my collection too. Can't comment on the David Geffin thing (except that he was running Asylum Records at the time) as it isn't on the liner notes - I'm not some nostalgic sexuagenarian ex-RollingStones manager with an unassailable memory for who-gives-a-fuck details like some... ;-)

Unless it's to do with certain guitarists of course. Not all, just some.

Indy: and on a comfy chair... yeah, it's tough but someone has to do it.

And of course the books *you* read usually end up with sperm on the pages, am I right? Those Apache helicopters and arcane details about firearms and munitions really get you off! Admit it!

Moi? Pontificate?

Posted by: expat@large on Oct 03, 07 | 10:20 am

you're gonna make me say it, aren't you?
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

(movie?)

(i can't even imagine you pontificating, sugar)

Posted by: savannah on Oct 03, 07 | 12:36 pm

Sav: You'll have to stop using the same quote over and over -- I've read three times now this past few days! LOL -

Movie - Buck Bonzai.

Moi? Mean?

Posted by: expat@large on Oct 03, 07 | 2:46 pm

jaysus, sugar...i am seriously going to have to re-adjust my meds!!

*i'm stuck in a time warp*

Posted by: savannah on Oct 03, 07 | 9:19 pm

'I was a free man in Paris'...a perfect caption for that picture of the bloke sitting on Proust's tomb.

Posted by: Dick on Oct 03, 07 | 11:18 pm