Alas My Life Was Incomplete

... until I bought the new CD of Warren Zevon's 1980 live album Stand In The Fire.

It is FINALLY available! Picked it up today in HMV! YES!!

This is not from that album, but is great anyway: WZ and Jackson Browne on the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1976 doing my favorite song of WZ's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everybody's desperate
Trying to make ends meet
Work all day and still can't pay
The price of gasoline and meat
Alas their lives are incomplete

Don't it make you want to rock n roll
All night long?
Mohammed's radio
I heard somebody singing sweet and soulful
On the radio
Mohammed's radio

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also retailed as therapy:

CD - Jethro Tull Acoustic Songs, H.I.M. Uneasy Listening Vol1.

DVD - Infernal Affairs I + II + III, Wild Heart (Lynch's weakest, but lots of Laura Dern's tits), 10 (thanks Dick, I couldn't pass it!)

Noise Cancelling Headphones - the old ones are... well, old.

Enthused@Last

Posted by: expat@large on May 06, 07 | 4:16 am | Profile

infernal affairs..you bought the trilogy! outstanding! did you see the departed? new lines to quote, dude!

*updating my ipod as i type before i order new stuff...maybe i need some movies, too**

Posted by: savannah on May 06, 07 | 6:45 am

Lawyers Guns and Money is #1!

Posted by: Skippy-san on May 06, 07 | 7:49 am

Sav: put IA I into the DVD player - "please check disk" --- *HHHOOWWWLLL* !!!

Skip: LG&M and MR and the theme song for my b'day party: Desperados Under The Eaves... and Jeannie Needs a Shooter - "co-written" by Bruce Springsteen who had this great song title but no song and gave it to WZ...

Posted by: expat@large on May 06, 07 | 12:15 pm

Bet you won't be terribly shocked to learn that I saw Zevon on this tour. Even without the live album as a souvenir, definitely one of the great shows I've been to in my life.

There's also a new 2 disc set out called Preludes. "Rare and unfinished recordings." one disc of songs, one of interviews, 44 page booklet included extended essay by his son.

Posted by: spike on May 07, 07 | 1:46 am

Spike: you know, there are some people I have met in my life that I just want to kill because that's my only possible response to my IMMENSE JEALOUSY, like - the guy I played on-line chess with who used to drink and chat with Bukowski, like - you!

Actually some of WZ's flat stuff is pretty fucking horizontal, so maybe outtakes might not cut it for me the way this live album does. I do want to grab the biography at some stage soon.

Posted by: expat@large on May 07, 07 | 9:16 am